Baked Bread Cups with Grape Tomato and Bloody Mary Sauce
- 12 Grape Tomatoes, halved
- 60 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 6 slices white bread
- 1 tbsp grated parmesan
Bloody Mary Sauce
- 30 ml vodka,
- 50 ml tomato juice,
- 1/4 tsp celery salt, Pinch
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper, Pinch
- 2 Tabasco sauce, drops
- 2 Worcestershire sauce, drops
- For sauce; combine all the ingredients and mix well, allow to stand.
- Remove crusts from bread and chop finely, about 5mm x 5mm. Cut each slice into 4 squares.
- Place squares between layers of plastic wrap and use a rolling pin to roll flat.
- Place squares in a mini muffin tin and brush with olive oil. Toss crusts with remaining olive oil and place on a baking sheet. Bake bread and crusts at 160°C until crisp, roughly 10 minutes. Stand to cool.
- Place tomatoes in a bowl and add Bloody Mary sauce. Stand for 5 minutes.
- Add crouton crusts and mix well. Spoon into bread cups, sprinkle with parmesan and serve immediately.