BARBECUE CHILLI LIME CALYPSO® MANGO WITH PRAWNS
- 4 Calypso® Mangoes, chilled
- 2 limes
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- 700g cooked prawns, peeled, deveined
- 60g rocket leaves
- Grate the rind from the limes. Place rind, chilli, sugar and salt into a small food processor. Process until well combined. Transfer to a bowl.
- Half the limes. Juice two lime halves.
- Slice the cheeks from each Calypso® mango. Score each portion deeply into the flesh in a cross-hatch pattern, cutting down but not through the skin. Spoon lime juice over the mangoes, allowing juice to run between cuts. Sprinkle 1 tsp chilli lime mixture over each.
- Preheat a clean barbecue plate or chargrill on high heat. Place a piece baking paper onto the hot barbecue plate. Working quickly, place 4 mango cheeks, cut side down onto the paper. Barbecue for 4-5 minutes until charred. Remove to a board. Repeat with remaining mango, using a fresh sheet of baking paper.
- Sprinkle a little more chilli lime mixture over each mango half. Serve with fresh prawns and rocket.
Tip- Also delicious with barbecue pork or chicken.