BELLO ROSSO® BABY ROMA TOMATO BAKED RICOTTA TART
- 250g Bello Rosso® Baby Roma Tomatoes
- 1 bunch (6 large) silverbeet leaves, stalks removed
- 180g cheese biscuits, like country cheese
- 125g butter, melted
- 5 eggs
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 300g piece ricotta cheese
- finely grated parmesan, to serve
- Preheat the oven and a large flat tray to 180°C fan forced. Shred the silverbeet, you should have about 4 cups of shredded leaves.
- Process the biscuits to fine crumbs. Add butter and 1 egg. Process until combined. Spoon into x 3cm deep; 24cm (base) tart pan with removable base. Press the biscuit mixture over the side and base. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Place the tart onto the hot tray and bake for 10 minutes (see tip). Meanwhile, heat half the oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add onions and chilli and cook, stirring for 3 minutes or until the onion is soft. Add the paprika and silverbeet and cook, stirring for 1 minute until just wilted. Transfer to a large bowl and cool for 10 minutes.
- Add remaining oil to the pan and heat over high heat. Add the Bello Rosso® baby roma tomatoes and season. Cook, shaking the pan for 3-4 minutes or until they start to soften and colour.
- Crumble the ricotta over the silverbeet. Lightly whisk the remaining 4 eggs together, add to the silverbeet and season with pepper. Mix well. Spoon into biscuit shell. Spoon over the Bello Rosso tomatoes, gently pressing into filling. Return to the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes until set in the centre. Cool for 10 minutes then remove carefully from the tart pan.
- Cut into wedges and serve warm sprinkled with parmesan.