BERRYMISU WAFFLE CONES
|30 + 3 hours chillingMINS|
- 125g Perfection Blueberries, plus extra to serve
- 125g Perfection Blackberries, halved if large, plus extra to serve
- 10 waffle cones
- 200g milk or dark chocolate
- 300ml thickened cream
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 250g mascarpone
- 60ml strong expresso
- 2 tbs kalua liqueur
- 80g (10 thin) sponge finger biscuits
- Melt 150g of the chocolate. Brush the inside of the cones with melted chocolate, place on a tray and allow to set for 10 minutes, if it’s a hot day refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whip the cream and icing sugar to soft peaks. Fold in the mascarpone. Combine the espresso and Kahlua in a shallow dish. Dip one biscuit into the coffee mixture, place on a board and cut crossways into 2cm pieces. Transfer to a bowl. Repeat with remaining biscuits and coffee mixture. Fold the biscuits, blueberries and blackberries into the cream mixture.
- Spoon the berrymisu mixture into the waffle cones and stand upright in tall glasses. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours until set. Grate the remaining chocolate and sprinkle over the cones. Serve with extra berries if desired.
Tip- Cones are best served the day they are made, though the cones will stay fresh and crisp for up to 3 days in the fridge.
Tip- For a child friendly option replace the espresso and Kahlua with 100ml of chocolate milk. At the end of step 1 dip the top of the cones in extra melted chocolate then chocolate sprinkles or hundreds and thousands before following steps 2-3.