BLISTERED MIX-A-MATO™ TOMATO & PARMESAN BREAKFAST PANCAKES
- 2/3 cup self-raising flour
- 1 1/4 cups wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1 tbs raw or brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 3/4 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Melted ghee or olive oil , for cooking
- Greek yoghurt & grated parmesan, to serve
BLISTERED MIX-A-MATO® TOMATOES
- 500g Mix-a-mato™
- 3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
- For the blistered tomatoes; Preheat oven to 220°C fan forced. Scatter the tomatoes in a small roasting pan and drizzle over oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for 8 minutes until tomatoes just start to colour. Cool. Stir in basil.
- Meanwhile, to make pancakes, combine flours in a large bowl. Stir in the sugar and parmesan. Whisk buttermilk and eggs together until well combined. Pour into the flour mixture, stir to combine (batter should be the consistency of thickened cream).
- Brush melted ghee over base of a medium, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Spoon 1/4 cup batter into the pan, repeat to cook a second pancake. Cook for 3 minutes, or until bubbles appear on the surface. Carefully turn over, cook for a further 2-3 minutes, or until golden underneath. Place pancakes onto a tray and keep warm. Repeat with remaining ghee and batter to make 12 pancakes.
- Top each pancake with a dollop of yoghurt. Spoon over blistered tomatoes and pan juices. Sprinkle with parmesan. Serve.
Tip: Pancakes freeze well. Place into a freezer bag and freeze for 3 months. Warm in an oven, sandwich press or toaster.
Tip: Spread any leftover pancakes with ricotta or spreadable cream cheese, top with sliced Mix-a-Mato™ and ham. Sandwich with a second pancake for a snack or lunch.