BLUEBERRY, COCONUT BANANA BREAD
- 125g Perfection Blueberries
- 125g butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (80g) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) golden syrup
- 2 eggs
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 cups (300g) self raising flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup (40g) flaked coconut
- Butter and maple syryp, to serve
- Preheat oven to 160°C fan forced. Grease and line 6cm deep, 10cmx21cm (base) loaf pan.
- Cream the butter, sugar and golden syrup with hand mixer until well combined. Add the eggs one at a time and beating well, mixture may curdle slightly. Stir in the banana. Sift the flour and baking powder together over the banana mixture. Stir gently to combine. Fold ½ cup of the coconut.
- Spoon half the mixture into prepared loaf pan. Top with half the blueberries. Top with remaining banana mixture and poke in remaining blueberries. Scatter over the remaining coconut. Bake for 55-60 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer (see tip). Cool in the pan for 15 minutes before lifting out onto a wire rack to cool completely. Slice and serve as is or spread with butter and drizzled with maple syrup.