BROCCOLINI® AND FIORETTO® SWEET AND SOUR PORK
|10 + 15 mins marinating MINS
- 1 bunch Broccolini®, halved lengthways
- 200g Fioretto® Cauli Blossom, trimmed
- 3 (about 125g) Minicaps® baby capsicums, roughly chopped
- 3 tsp corn flour
- 1 tbs Shao Hsing cooking wine or sherry
- 1 1/2 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tsp white sugar
- 500g pork fillet or scotch fillet, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 tbs vegetable or peanut oil
- steamed long grain rice, to serve
SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE
- 3 tsp corn flour,
- 2 tbs water,
- 1 tbs white sugar,
- 1/3 cup pineapple juice,
- 1 chicken stock cube, crumbled
- 2 tbs tomato sauce,
- 2 tbs soy sauce,
- Whisk the corn flour and cooking wine in a bowl until smooth. Stir in the soy and sugar. Add the pork and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes if time permits.
- Meanwhile, for the sauce, stir the corn flour and water together in a small saucepan until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients and cook, stirring constantly over medium-high heat until the sauce comes to the boil. Set aside.
- Heat a wok over high heat until hot. Drain any marinade from the pork. Add 2 teaspoons of oil to the hot wok and swirl to coat Add one-third of the pork, making sure each piece comes in contact with the hot work. Stir-fry for 1 minute until seared. Remove to a plate. Repeat with the remaining pork in two batches, adding more oil as required.
- Wipe the wok clean and heat again over high heat until hot and add the remaining oil. Add the Broccolini®, Fioretto® and Minicaps® and stir fry for 2 minutes until almost tender. Return the pork to the wok, pour over the sweet and sour sauce and stir-fry for 1 minute until hot. Serve with rice.