Broccolini® & Seafood Chowder
- 3 Broccolini®
- 1 bunch Broccolini®
- 1 stalk Celery
- 250 grams potatoes, peeled, roughly chopped
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 12 green prawns, peeled
- 100 grams salmon, diced
- 1 ltr chicken stock
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup thick pure egg mayonnaise
- 4 tbsp pistachio kernels, chopped
- Place stock in a large saucepan and add potatoes, carrot and celery. Bring to the boil then reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add baby spinach and use a stab blender to process mixture until smooth. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Meanwhile for aioli, blanch Broccolini® in boiling salted water till tender, about 2 minutes. Cool in icy water, drain, and place into a food processor. Pulse until roughly chopped and transfer to a bowl. Fold in mayonnaise, garlic and pistachios. Set aside in a cool place.
- Return blended vegetables to the saucepan over medium to low heat. Add prawns, diced salmon and Broccolini® stems and simmer for about 5 minutes or until seafood is cooked and stems are tender.
- Add Broccolini® florets and remove from heat. Stand until Broccolini® is warmed through. Stir through chives and parsley.
- Serve immediately and top with aioli.
Tip- Aioli can also be served on grilled fish or lamb, or used as a dip.