Broccolini® & Seafood Chowder
- 3 Broccolini®, bunches, stems finely sliced, heads roughly chopped
- 1 bunch Broccolini®, roughly chopped
- 1 stalk Celery, finely chopped
- 250 grams potatoes
- 1 medium carrot
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 12 green prawns
- 100 grams salmon
- 1 ltr chicken stock
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 cup thick pure egg mayonnaise
- 4 tbsp pistachio kernels
- Place stock in a large saucepan and add potatoes, carrot and celery. Bring to the boil then reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add baby spinach and use a stab blender to process mixture until smooth. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Meanwhile for aioli, blanch Broccolini® in boiling salted water till tender, about 2 minutes. Cool in icy water, drain, and place into a food processor. Pulse until roughly chopped and transfer to a bowl. Fold in mayonnaise, garlic and pistachios. Set aside in a cool place.
- Return blended vegetables to the saucepan over medium to low heat. Add prawns, diced salmon and Broccolini® stems and simmer for about 5 minutes or until seafood is cooked and stems are tender.
- Add Broccolini® florets and remove from heat. Stand until Broccolini® is warmed through. Stir through chives and parsley.
- Serve immediately and top with aioli.
Tip- Aioli can also be served on grilled fish or lamb, or used as a dip.