Broccolini® cashew pesto
- 1 bunch Broccolini®
- 2/3 cup basil leaves
- 2 green chillies, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup roasted salted cashew nuts
- 1/2 cup extra virgin oil
- 1/2 cup grapeseed oil
- 1/4 cup pecorino cheese, finely grated
- Drop the Broccolini® into a saucepan of boiling salted water. Cook for 2 minutes or until bright green and stalks are just tender when tested with a skewer. Drain. Refresh in cold water. Pat dry with paper towel then roughly chop.
- Place Broccolini® into a food processor with basil, chilli and garlic. Pulse until finely chopped. Add cashew nuts, pulse until well combined. Combine the olive oil and grapeseed oil in a jug. With the processor running, add the oil in a slow and steady stream until all the oil has been incorporated. Transfer pesto to a bowl.
- Stir in pecorino cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Use immediately, or prepare for storing.
To store: spoon pesto to a clean, sterilized jar. Cover the top of pesto with a thin layer of olive oil. Store in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.
- Spread over a pizza base. Top with grated mozzarella and parmesan. Bake. Scatter with fresh basil.
- Toss Broccolini® pesto, cooked bacon and a handful grated pecorino through freshly cooked pappardelle pasta.
- Spread a thick layer of Broccolini® pesto on toasted sour dough. Top with grated mozzarella then pop under grill until melted.
- Top hot winter soup like pumpkin, minestrone or sweet potato with a good dollop pesto before serving.