Broccolini® Corn & Bacon Fritters
- 1 bunch Broccolini®
- 3 rashers rindless bacon, chopped
- 1 cob fresh corn, kernels removed
- 250g piece fresh ricotta
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/3 cup grated mozzarella
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- light olive oil, for cooking
- 1/4 shredded mint
- 1 cup greek yoghurt
- Drop the Broccolini® into a saucepan of boiling salted water, cook for 1 minute. Drain the Broccolini®, then refresh under cold water, drain again then pat dry and chop.
- Saute the bacon in a non-stick pan over medium heat for 4 minutes until lightly golden. Add the corn and cook for 1 minute. Set aside to cool.
- Beat the ricotta, milk, egg yolks and mozzarella with a hand mixer until well combined. Sift the flour and baking powder together over the bowl then stir to combine. Stir in the Broccolini® and corn mixture. Beat egg whites with a hand mixer to firm peaks then fold into a ricotta batter.
- Cover the base of a large non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over medium heat. Using ¼ cup of the mixture per fritter, cook in batches for 3 minutes each side until golden and firm to touch in the centre, adding remaining oil as required. Transfer to a wire rack over a baking tray, keep warm in the oven while cooking the remaining fritters.
- Combine the mint and yoghurt together and serve with fritters.