BROCCOLINI® CROSTINI PLATTER
|10 + 15 marinatingMINS|
- 2 bunches Broccolini®
- 1 loaf sour dough
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove
- micro herbs
- 2 large red capiscum
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 brown onions
- 2 long red chillies
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 3 tsp Moroccan spice blend
- 150g Medjool dates
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- To make the Moroccan capsicum relish; Remove the membrane and seeds from the capsicum and chop into 1cm pieces. Heat the oil in a heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Add onions, chilli and garlic and cook stirring for 5 minutes until soft. Add spice blend and cook stirring for 2 minutes. Add the capsicum, dates, sugar and vinegar and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and boil gently, stirring occasionally for 30 minutes or until the mixture is thick. Taste and season with salt. Spoon hot relish into hot sterilized jars and set aside to cool.
- Drop the Broccolini® into a saucepan of boiling salted water and cook for 1 minute. Drain and refresh under cold water. Drain well and pat dry. If required cut the stem in half.
- Preheat a chargrill pan or barbecue grill on high. Combine oil and garlic and brush both sides of the bread. Chargrill or barbecue for 2 minutes each side until lightly charred. Remove to a board. Chargrill Broccolini®, in batches if necessary, for 3-4 minutes, turning until lightly charred.
- Spread the sourdough with relish, top with Broccolini®, garnish with herbs and serve.
- Broccolini®, beef and horseradish cream: combine 250g crème fraiche with 2 tsp horseradish cream. Spread over the sourdough, top with sliced rare fillet of beef and chargrilled Broccolini®.
- Broccolini®, blue cheese and prosciutto: Spread soft blue cheese like brie or Danish blue over the sourdough, top with sliced prosciutto and chargrilled Broccolini®.
- Broccolini® tapenade & feta: Spread olive tapenade over the sourdough, top with marinated feta and chargrilled Broccolini®.