Broccolini® Hazelnut Cake
- 1 bunch Broccolini®
- 1 apple, peeled, grated
- 120g roasted hazelnuts, finely chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup light olive or vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 self-raising flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 200g cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 icing sugar, sifted
- 1/4 cup roasted hazelnuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 170°C fan forced. Grease and line the base and sides of a 7cm deep, 11x21cm (base) loaf pan. Place the Broccolini® into a food processor. Process until finely chopped. Transfer to a bowl, add apple and hazelnuts.
- Using an electric mixer, whisk brown sugar, eggs and oil on high speed until thick and pale. Sift flour, bicarbonate of soda and cinnamon together over the oil mixture and gently fold into the mixture until just combined.
- Stir in the Broccolini® mixture. Spread mixture into the cake pan and smooth the surface. Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand for 10 minutes in the pan then lift onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the frosting, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the icing sugar and beat until thick. Spread over the top of the cake. Scatter over the hazelnuts. Serve.