Broccolini® Prawn Pad Thai
- 2 bunches Broccolini®, roughly chopped
- 200g packet pad Thai rice stick noodles
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 2 tbs grated palm sugar or brown sugar
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tbs peanut oil
- 700g medium green prawns, peeled, deveined
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tbs pad thai paste
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- bean sprouts, to serve
- coriander leaves, to serve
- fried shallots, to serve
- lime wedges, to serve
- Cook noodles following the packet directions. Drain and cover to keep warm. Combine the fish sauce, palm sugar and lime juice. Stir to dissolve the sugar then set aside.
- Heat the wok over a high heat until hot. Add 2 teaspoons of oil and swirl to coat the surface. Add half the prawns and stir-fry for 1 minute or until they turn pink. Remove to a plate. Repeat with oil and remaining prawns.
- Add 2 teaspoons of oil and the Broccolini® to the hot wok, stir-fry for 1 minute. Add 1 tablespoon of water, cover and steam for 30 seconds. Remove to the plate with the prawns. Add the remaining oil. Pour in the eggs. Cook, gently stirring for 1 minute, or until scrambled. Push to one side of the wok.
- Add stir-fry paste, cook for 30 seconds. Return the Broccolini® and prawns to the wok with the noodles and fish sauce mixture. Stir-fry until combined and hot. Add the onions, stir-fry for 30 seconds. Top with bean sprouts, coriander and fried shallots. Serve with lime.
Tip 1- This meal is best served as a side.
Tip 2- For a chicken and Broccolini® pad Thai, replace the prawns with 600g chicken breast fillet, thinly sliced.