BUTTER CHICKEN WITH BROCCOLINI® & FIORETTO®
- 1 bunch Broccolini®
- 200g Fioretto® Cauli Blossom
- 1/2 cup butter chicken paste
- 2 tbs Greek yoghurt
- 600g chicken thigh or breast, trimmed, cut into 5cm pieces
- 60g ghee or 3 tbs vegetable oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted salted cashews, finely chopped
- 1 cup tomato passata or puree
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup thickened cream
- yoghurt, coriander leaves, warmed naan, to serve
- Combine 1 tablespoon each of butter chicken paste and yoghurt in a bowl. Add chicken and stir to coat.
- Heat 1 tablespoon ghee or oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add half the chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes each side until golden. Remove to a plate. Repeat with more ghee and remaining chicken. Cover to keep warm.
- Melt remaining ghee in the frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring often for 4-5 minutes until onion is soft. Stir in the remaining paste and cook, stirring for 2 minutes. Add the cashews and cook for 1 minute. Stir in passata and stock. Return the chicken to the pan and add the Broccolini® and Fioretto®. Cover and simmer gently for 4-6 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in cream and simmer for 1-2 minutes, until sauce reduced slightly. Top with yoghurt and coriander. Serve with the naan.
Tip: Vegetables in butter chicken sauce is a great option, replace the chicken with 800g steamed pumpkin; ignore steps 1 and 2 above, using the 1/2 cup paste in step 3.