CALYPSO® MANGO BBQ CHILLI CHEEKS
- 2 large Calypso® Mangoes
- 3 tbs orange juice
- 3 tbs honey
- 1 tsp red chilli
- dollop of cream
- to serve lime zest and lime wedges
- Mix the honey, orange juice and chilli until well combined and then pour into a wide shallow glass dish.
- Slice the large cheeks from each Calypso® mango. Score each portion deeply into the flesh in a cross hatch pattern, cutting down but not through the skin.
- Place each cheek flesh side down into the marinade until required.
- Preheat a ridged grill to a high heat.
- Place the cheeks flesh side down on the grill for 3-4 minutes until the marinade caramelises.
- Turn each cheek inside out (pushing from the skin side), and place flesh side up on a serving plate, one half per person.
- Serve with a spoonful of dollop cream, lime wedges and a sprinkle of lime zest!
Tip- These barbequed cheeks are also delicious served as an accompaniment to grilled pork or fish.