CHOCOLATE STRAWBERRY SELF-SAUCING PUDDING
- 250g Perfection Strawberries
- 80g butter, chopped
- 2/3 cup (160ml) full cream milk
- 11/3 cups (200g) self raising flour, sifted
- ½ cup (90g) brown sugar
- 2½ tbs cocoa powder
- Cocoa powder & double thick cream, to serve
- 1 cup (180g) brown sugar
- ¼ cup (30g) cocoa powder
- 2 cups (500ml) boiling water
- Preheat oven 180°C fan forced. Grease a 1.5L, 24cm diameter (base) ovenproof dish. Set 2-3 strawberries aside. Hull and chop the rest.
- Stir butter and milk in a saucepan over medium heat until butter is melted. Combine flour, brown sugar and cocoa in bowl. Stir the warm milk and butter mixture. Gently fold in the chopped strawberries. Spoon into prepared dish. Smooth the surface. Place dish onto a tray
- For the topping, combine brown sugar and cocoa. Sprinkle over the pudding mixture. Pour boiling water slowly over the topping. Bake for 30 minutes the top is set.
- Dust with cocoa and top with cream. Slice the reserved strawberries and scatter over the pudding. Serve within 10 minutes of removing from oven otherwise the pudding starts to absorb the sauce (still delicious but not as much sauce to share).