Christmas Romatherapy® Baby Roma Tomato Croquembouche
- 1.25 kg Romatherapy® Baby Roma Tomatoes
- 300 ml cold water
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 2 drops red food colouring
- 200 grams sugar
- 1 tsp edible cake glitter
- 1 Styrofoam cone base, 10cm diameter x 25cm high
- 1 bunche Toothpicks
- 100 ml sour cream
- 1/2 cup rice bubbles
- 1 tsp parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp chives, chopped
- 50 grams roasted flaked almonds
- Wrap cone in foil and use toothpicks to attach the tomatoes to the cone.
- Bring water, vinegar, food colouring and sugar to the boil and cook until a thick toffee forms. Stand to cool slightly.
- Dip a large kitchen spoon into the toffee. While allowing the toffee to run off in a thin stream, quickly wave it over the handle of a wooden spoon. You should have thin strands of spun sugar hanging over the wooden spoon handle. Take extreme care as the toffee is hot and will burn.
- Break strands off the spoon and gently wind around the tomato cone. Repeat. When finished, sprinkle with cake glitter.
- For the dip, place all the ingredients in a bowl and combine well.
- Present Croquembouche with 'White Christmas' dip on the side.