Classic Calypso® Pavlova
- 3 Calypso® Mangoes
- 6 egg whites
- 1.5 cups caster sugar
- 3 tsp cornflour, sifted into a small bowl
- 3 tsp white vinegar
- 0.5 tsp vanilla essence
- 1.5 tsp orange liqeur, (optional)
- 300ml thickened cream
- 100g white chocolate, shaved
- To make the meringue base, preheat the oven to no more than 100°C.
- Beat the egg whites with the pinch of salt until they form stiff peaks.
- Add the caster sugar gradually and beat until the mix is shiny. Add the sugar in 2 equal amounts, whisking to combine inbetween each addition.
- Fold in the sifted cornflour using a cold metal spoon. Add the vinegar and vanilla essence and fold through gently but thoroughly.
- Cut a 25cm diameter circle of non-stick baking paper and place onto a greased baking tray.
- Pour the meringue mix onto the circle shape and cook in the oven for 1¾ hours until the meringue feels firm.
- Turn the oven off, leave the door slightly ajar and leave the meringue to cool in the oven.
- Once cool, carefully peel away the paper circle and place the pavlova base onto a clean serving plate.
- Puree the flesh from one of the Calypso® mangoes with the orange liqueur (optional) until smooth.
- Whip the thickened cream until firm peaks form. Fold half of the Calypso® puree through the cream.
- Peel and slice the remaining Calypso® mango. Top the pavlova with the Calypso® cream mixture, then the remaining Calypso® puree and then decorate with the remaining mango slices.
- For that wonderful finishing touch, dust the top with shavings of white chocolate.