CORNBREAD TOAST WITH ROASTED MIX-A-MATO®
- 320g Mix-a-mato® tomatoes, halved
- yoghurt or crème fraiche
- 200g smoked salmon
- Micro herbs, to serve, optional
CHILLI SESAME SALT
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes, crushed
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 cup polenta (cornmeal)
- 125g butter, chilled, grated
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 corn cob, kernels, removed
- 3 green shallots, chopped
- 1/2 cup Greek yoghurt
- 1 egg
- For the chilli sesame salt, toast the sesame seeds in a small non-stick frying pan over medium heat for 3 minutes or until golden. Remove to bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Use the end of a rolling pin or pestle to crush ingredients until well combined.
- Preheat oven to 220°C fan forced. Arrange the tomatoes in a small roasting pan cut side up. Drizzle with the oil sachet from the Mix-a-Mato® tomatoes and sprinkle with 3 teaspoons of the chilli sesame salt. Roast for 5 minutes until the tomatoes are tender and just start to collapse.
- Meanwhile, combine the flour and polenta in a bowl and add butter. Use your fingertips to rub the butter into the flour mixture. Add the cheese, corn, shallots, yoghurt and egg. Stir until just combined. Transfer to a well-greased baking tray. Press the cornbread into a rectangle 16cm x 24cm. Cut into 4 equal portions, separating the portions on the tray to allow room for spreading. Reduce the oven to 200°C fan forced and bake for 22-25 minutes until golden and cooked through.
- Place the cornbread onto serving plates. Top with yoghurt or crème fraiche, salmon, and roasted Mix-a-Mato® tomatoes. Spoon over pan juices from the tomatoes. Sprinkle with a little more chilli sesame salt and micro herbs.