Duck rolls with Sweet Solanato™ Chilli tomato jam
- 150g rice vermicelli noodles
- 600g cooked peking duck breast
- 24 rice paper sheets
- 5 cups mixed fresh herbs
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts, chopped
- 24 chives, roughly 20cm long
- lime wedges, to serve
Chilli Tomato Jam
- 4 x 200g Sweet Solanato™ Tomatoes, quartered
- 1 1/4 white sugar,
- 1 small red onion, quartered
- 4 long fresh red chillies, roughly chopped
- 2 tbs red wine vinegar,
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes, crushed
- To make the chilli jam, combine tomatoes and sugar in a glass or ceramic bowl. Cover and set aside for 1 hour. Place onion, chilli and garlic in a food processor and finely chop.
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion mixture and cook, stirring often until soft but not coloured. (Roughly 5 minutes). Add the tomato mixture, vinegar, lime juice and salt. Increase heat to high, bring to the boil, stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring often, for 30-35 minutes or until jam thickens. Spoon hot jam into hot sterilized jars.
- Put the noodles in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Allow to settle for 3-5 minutes or until soft. Drain and set aside. Warm the duck following packet directions then thinly slice or shred into pieces.
- Dip 1 rice paper round in a shallow dish of warm water for 5 seconds. Place on a dry, clean cloth, allow to rest for 1-2 minutes, until soft enough to roll. Top with herbs, noodles, duck slices and peanuts. Drizzle with chilli tomato jam. Fold over each end to meet in the centre, then roll to enclose filling. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Put the chives into a baking dish, pour over boiling water. Stand 10 seconds then drain. Refresh in cold water then pat dry. Tie each roll with a chive and serve with extra chilli tomato jam and lime wedges.
- For the ‘mixed fresh herbs - we used mint, thai basil, parsley and coriander.
- These delicious little parcels are perfect for entertaining or even a healthy work lunchbox.