EASY PICKLED KUMATO® SALAD
|15 mins |
1 hour pickling
- 500g Kumato® Tomatoes
- 6 Qukes® baby cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (250ml) white wine vinegar
- ½ cup (110g) caster sugar
- 1 tsp yellow mustard seeds
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- 6 red radish
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- Micro herbs
- Thickly slice the Kumato®tomatoes. Arrange in a wide shallow ceramic or glass dish, slightly overlapping.
- Combine the vinegar, sugar, mustard seeds, garlic and salt in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Pour the warm liquid over the Kumato® tomatoes. Cool to room temperature then cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Reserve 3 tablespoons of the pickling liquid. Carefully remove the tomatoes to a serving bowl or platter. Top with Qukes® and radish. Whisk the reserved pickling liquid and olive oil together. Spoon over the salad, scatter with micro herbs and serve.
Serving suggestion; This salad is delicious with ham; roast pork; barbecue lamb, chicken or seafood.