FISH BURGERS WITH MANGO MAYONNAISE AND SLAW
- 3 Qukes® baby cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 Calypso® Mangoes
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1 1/2 tbs Cajun seasoning
- 4 x 150g thin white fish fillets, boneless and skinless (like Snapper)
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/2 (2 cups) wombok, shredded
- 3 green shallots, finely chopped
- 4 soft round rolls, split (like a Bap Roll)
Calypso® mango Mayonnaise
- 1 Calypso® Mango
- 1/3 cup whole egg mayonnaise
- 2 tbs coriander leaves, chopped
- To make mayonnaise, cut, peel and chop the mango. Process or blend until smooth. Transfer to a bowl. Stir in mayonnaise, coriander and season. Refrigerate, covered, until ready to serve.
- Combine flour and seasoning in a shallow dish. Coat both sides of the fish, 1 piece at a time shaking off excess. Heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook, the fish in batches for 3 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
- Combine lime juice and 1/3 cup of the mayonnaise in a large bowl. Add the cabbage, Qukes® and shallots. Cut cheeks off mango. Using a large spoon, scoop the flesh from cheeks. Thinly slice mango and add to the cabbage. Toss gently to coat.
- To serve, spread bases of rolls each with 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise. Top with fish and slaw. Replace tops. Serve with remaining mayonnaise.