Fun Foodie Face Pie with Grape Tomatoes, Cheese, Ham and Mushrooms
- 1 Grape Tomatoes
- 1 punnet Medley tomatoes, blanched
- 1 packet filo pastry
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 6 eggs
- 300 ml cream
- 200 grams minced ham or cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 tsp Pinch each salt and pepper
- 1 medium cup mushroom
- 2 round slices of cucumber or zucchini
- 1 punnet Medley tomatoes (optional)
- 2 red chillis
- Chop some of the grape tomatoes to make 1/2 a cup.
- Slice the mushroom and reserve 2 slices for the foodie face ears. Chop the remainder.
- Line a 24cm pie tin with 8 layers of filo pastry, using a pastry brush to butter every second sheet.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs and cream, seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Add the ham/bacon and cheese and mix well. Stir through chopped grape tomatoes and the chopped mushroom.
- Pour mixture into pie tin and use a fork to evenly distribute chopped tomatoes and chopped mushroom. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 200C for 20-25 minutes, until the quiche is set and the top is browned.
- Decorate quiche with remaining whole and halved fresh grape tomatoes, a zebrino tomato from the Mix-A-Mato™ tomato punnet (optional) and the remaining vegetables to form a fun foodie face.