Globe Artichokes with Mustard Dressing
- 4 Globe Artichoke
- 50 grams sea salt
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1/4 tsp Salt and cracked black pepper, to season
- 50 ml water
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbsp French mustard
- Bring 2 litres of water to the boil, add salt and one lemon half.
- Meanwhile, remove outside leaves from the artichokes and discard. Cut the artichokes in half and, using a spoon, remove the choke (fibrous inner centre) and discard.
- Add artichokes to saucepan and simmer gently for 40 minutes. Drain and stand to cool slightly. Transfer to plates. Season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk together water, oil, vinegar, juice of remaining lemon half, egg yolk and mustard.
- Pour dressing over warm artichokes and serve.