GREEN MONSTER QUKES® CHEESE BALLS
- 2 x 250g Qukes® baby cucumbers
- 250g cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbs sweet chilli sauce
- 2 cups (250g) barbecue chicken, chopped
- 40g (1/3 cup) dried apple, chopped
- Large edible candy eyes, for decoration
- 32 pretzel sticks
- Dice 3 Qukes®. Using hand beaters, beat cream cheese and sweet chilli sauce until combined. Stir in chicken, apple, and diced Qukes® and mix well. Using damp hands, roll heaped tablespoonfuls of the mixture into balls. Place onto a tray lined with baking paper.
- Coarsely grate the remaining Qukes® onto a clean tea towel. Gather up the edges and gently squeeze Qukes® over the sink to remove a little moisture. Spread the grated Qukes® onto a plate. Roll cheese balls in the grated Qukes® to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes until firm.
- Attach the edible eyes to pretzel sticks with a little cream cheese or melted white chocolate. Insert into cheese balls.
Tip- Large edible candy eyes are available from some supermarkets or online at cake decorating suppliers. Or to make your own stick dark brown M&M’s to flat side of white choc melts with a little cream cheese or melted white chocolate.
Tip- Monsters will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. Its best to insert the eyes just before serving so pretzels stay crisp.