Grilled Broccolini® with Spiced Red Lentil & Coconut Dahl
- 2 bunches Broccolini®
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 3 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp curry spice mix
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 ½ cups dry red lentils
- 1L vegetable stock
- 400ml tin coconut milk
- ½ cup coriander, roughly chopped
- ½ cup mint, picked
- ½ cup roasted almonds, crushed
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges, to serve
- Heat a medium sized saucepan over a medium to high heat, then add the olive oil, onion, garlic and a pinch of salt.
- Cook for 3 minutes, stirring before adding the curry spice mix, tumeric, tomato paste and lentils.
- Cook, stirring for another minute more then add the stock and simmer for approx. 20-25 minutes, adding ¾ of the coconut milk after 15 minutes. Cook until the lentils are soft, but the dahl is loose and not too thick. Season to taste with salt & pepper.
- While the dahl is cooking, preheat a grill pan over high heat. Toss the Broccolini® with 2 tbsp of olive oil, a little salt and pepper and grill for 2-3 minutes, turning throughout the cooking until lightly charred but still bright green. Set aside on a plate and repeat with remaining Broccolini®.
- To serve, stir the coriander through dahl and squeeze half the lemon over the Broccolini®. Spoon the dahl into a large serving bowl or individual dishes, top with the Broccolini®, drizzle with remaining coconut milk and scatter the almonds and mint to finish.