Haloumi Lettuce & Roast Kumato® Bun
- 4-5 Medium Kumato® Tomatoes
- 1/2 punnet Minicaps® baby capsicums
- Sprig fresh thyme leaves, finely chopped
- 2 granary bread buns
- 250g halloumi cheese, thickly sliced
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 pieces iceberg lettuce
- 20g butter
- salt and pepper, to taste
Jalapeño Hot Sauce
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 10 Jalapeño peppers, de-stemmed and chopped
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander
- Preheat oven to 130°C. Cut the Kumatoes® in half, and arrange on a baking tray. Sprinkle with thyme and drizzle olive oil, season with salt & pepper, and roast in the oven for 30 minutes.
- To make jalapeño sauce sauté onion, garlic, jalapeños, and baby capsicums with olive oil in a pan on medium heat and cook until the peppers have sweated.
- Add to a blender with vinegar, water, oregano, pepper, cumin, salt and pepper. Blend. Add coriander and lime.
- Fry halloumi over medium-high heat in butter until golden and crispy.
- Cut the bread buns in half and add to the grill pan with haloumi and butter to toast.
- Assemble the bun, layering roast kumatoes®, haloumi, lettuce and jalapeño hot sauce.