HOISIN DUCK BROCCOLINI® & FIORETTO® STIR-FRY
- 1 bunch Broccolini®
- 200g Fioretto® Cauli Blossom
- 175g Minicaps® baby capsicums
- 3 tbs hoisin sauce
- 1 tbs chilli jam stir-fry paste
- 1/3 cup salted roasted cashews
- 1 tbs peanut or vegetable oil
- 360g roast or Peking duck breast fillets, thinly sliced (see tip)
- steamed jasmine rice, to serve
- Cut Fioretto® into smaller pieces if necessary. Place in a heatproof bowl with the Broccolini®. Cover with boiling water, stand for 2 minutes then drain. Trim and halve the Minicaps®.
- Combine the hoisin and chilli jam paste. Place the cashews into a cold wok, then place wok over high heat. Stir fry 4-5 minutes until the cashews are hot and remove to a plate.
- Wipe any salt from the wok and heat over high heat until hot. Add oil and duck and stir fry for 2 minutes until warm. Add 2 tablespoons of the hoisin mixture, stir fry until duck is well coated and hoisin starts to stick to sides and base of the wok. Remove duck to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Add Broccolini® & Fioretto® to the hot wok and stir fry for 1 minute. Quickly add 1 tablespoon of water (no more, you just want to release some of the sauce from the side and base of wok and produce a little steam). Cover for 30 seconds. Add the Minicaps® and stir fry for 2-3 minutes until the vegetables just tender. Return the duck and cashews, add remaining hoisin mixture and stir to combine. Serve with rice.
- Precooked duck is available from the supermarket but if you have an Asian grocer that has cooked duck you can buy sliced duck breast from there.
- This is also fabulous using pork fillet; You will need 400g, thinly slice across the grain and following steps above, cooking the pork in two batches.
- Adding nuts to the cold wok and heating wok and nuts together ensures toasting nuts all way through to the centre not just quickly toasting outer surface.