INDIAN SPICED FIORETTO® AND LENTIL PILAF
- 200g Fioretto® Cauli Blossom
- Qukes® baby cucumbers
- mango chutney, to serve
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
- 1 tsp yellow mustard seeds
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 long green chilli, thinly sliced
- 3 tsp ginger, finely grated
- 1/2 tsp turmeric, ground
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 1/4 cups basmati rice, rinsed
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 400g can lentils, drained, rinsed
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan on high. Add mustard seeds and cook, stirring for 1 minute or until seeds begin to pop. Reduce heat to medium, add onion and cook stirring occasionally for 5 minutes or until onion softens. Add chilli, ginger, turmeric and garam masala. Cook, stirring for 2 minutes until aromatic.
- Add rice and stir to coat in the spices. Stir in Fioretto® cauli blossom and stock. Increase the heat to high and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low, cover with tight-fitting lid and simmer gently for 25 minutes without removing the lid. Remove from the heat.
- Add lentils and stir with a fork. Cover and stand for 5 minutes. Stir gently with a fork to separate grains. Top with dollops of Qukes® baby cucumbers raita and mango chutney, scatter over the coriander. Serve.
Tip- To make Qukes® baby cucumbers raita, combine 1 cup of thick yoghurt with 4 thinly sliced Qukes® baby cucumbers and shredded mint.