Italian Bread Baskets with Minicaps® Baby Capsicums
- 200 grams Minicaps® baby capsicums
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 8 white bread, Slices ,crusts removed
- 1 tbsp small capers
- 125 grams bocconcini, diced
- 1 Handful basil leaves, roughly torn
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease 8 holes in a 1/2 cup (125ml) capacity muffin tin.
- Season the olive oil with salt and pepper.
- Using a rolling pin, flatten the bread until very thin and brush with the oil. Carefully push each one into a hole, oiled side up. Bake for 15 minutes until light golden and crisp.
- Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, char grill Vine Sweet Minicaps® baby capsicums in a grill pan or under a medium to hot grill. Set aside to cool, then combine with capers, bocconcini and basil leaves. Season well.
- Fill the bread baskets with the mixture.
- Combine the remaining oil with the balsamic vinegar and drizzle a little over and around each basket. Serve immediately.