KUMATO® AND BUFFALO MOZZARELLA PITTA
- 500g Kumato® Tomatoes
- 4 store bought Greek Pitta bread
- 4 tbs (100g) basil pesto
- 2 cups (160g) tasty cheese
- 4 tbs (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 200g buffalo mozzarella
- 2 tbs (40ml) caramelized balsamic vinegar
- Basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan forced. Spread two pitta breads with the pesto and top each with 2/3 cup tasty cheese. Sandwich with remaining pitta. Brush both sides of each pitta with half the olive oil.
- Heat a large frying pan on medium-high heat. Add 1 pitta sandwich and cook for 1-2 minutes each side until golden. Remove to an oven tray and scatter with half the remaining tasty cheese. Repeat with remaining pitta. Place into the oven for 5 minutes.
- Cut the Kumato® tomatoes into thick slices and tear the mozzarella into chunks. Arrange over the pitta sandwiches. Drizzle with remaining olive oil and balsamic. Top with basil, season and serve.