Kumato® Tomato & Capsicum Bread Salad
- 6 Kumato® Tomatoes, Quartered
- 175g Minicaps® baby capsicums, cut into 3cm pieces
- 80 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 4 thick slices crusty Italian bread
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1/2 cup small basil leaves
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley leaves
- Preheat oven to 230°C, fan forced. Place capsicums into a roasting pan, drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, season with salt & pepper. Roast for 15 minutes or until tender. Reduce oven to 180°C. Tear bread into chunky pieces and put into another roasting pan. Combine 1 tablespoon of oil with garlic and lemon rind, drizzle over the bread and toss to coat. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until bread is light golden. Set capsicums and bread aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, remove the seeds and pulp from the Kumato® tomatoes. Place seeds and pulp into a food processor and process until well combined. Strain the pulp, reserving only the juice, you will need 1/4 cup of juice. Combine the juice from the Kumato® tomatoes, vinegar, sugar and remaining 2 tablespoons of oil into a screw-top jar. Season and shake well to combine.
- Put Kumato® tomato quarters, capsicums and bread onto a serving platter, pour over the dressing. Scatter over the basil and parsley leaves, toss gently. Season with salt & pepper. Serve.