KUMATO® CHILLI CON CARNE
- 500g Kumato® Tomatoes
- 175g Minicaps® baby capsicums, finely chopped
- 1 tbs (20ml) olive oil
- 1 brown onion
- 2 tbs (35g) tomato paste
- 1 tsp Mexican (medium) chilli powder
- 500g beef mince
- 1 cup (250ml) beef stock
- 400g can lentils
- 1 avocado
- tortilla strips & coriander
- Heat oil in a large deep-frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, for 4 minutes until soft. Add tomato paste and chilli powder and cook stirring for 1 minute until aromatic. Increase heat to medium high. Add beef mince and cook, breaking up the mince with a wooden spoon, until browned.
- Dice the Kumato® tomatoes and set 1/2 cup aside. Add the rest to the mince with Minicaps® and stock. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes until thickened. Stir in lentils and cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes until warmed through.
- Scatter over reserved Kumato® tomatoes, avocado and coriander. Serve with tortilla chips.