Kumato® Chilli Jam
- 500g Kumato® Tomatoes
- 3 large red banana chillies, seeds and membrane removed, roughly chopped
- 5 birdseye chillies, seeds in, roughly chopped
- 1 small red onion, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup port
- 1 cup water
- Combine the chillies, onion and garlic in a food processor. Process until very finely chopped. Transfer to a medium, heavy-based saucepan.
- Add the Kumato®, salt, sugar, vinegar, port and water. Stir over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until the sugar has dissolved. Increase the heat to medium-high and boil gently for 40-45 minutes until thick and jam-like. Spoon into a sterilised jars, seal and allow to cool.
Tip- The Kumato® chilli jam will keep for 4 months in the fridge. Use on sandwiches, pizzas, ploughmans lunch, or serve in a bowl on a cheese board or antipasto plate.