Kumato® Tomatoes Provencale
- 1 kg Kumato® Tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp caster sugar
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups breadcrumbs, made from Italian bread
- 1 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 large lemon, rind finely grated
- 3 tbs flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Lightly grease a baking dish. Cut the Kumato® tomatoes in half and place the cut side up in the dish.
- Sprinkle over the sugar and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Roast for 8 minutes or until just tender but holding their shape.
- Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat until hot. Add the remaining oil then the garlic and breadcrumbs, cook, shaking the pan for 4-5 minutes or until the breadcrumbs are golden. Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon rind and parsley. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Scatter the lemon and garlic crumbs over the Kumato® tomatoes and serve.
Serving suggestions- Kumato® provencale teams well with lamb, chicken and seafood.