Kumato® with Haloumi
- 4 Kumato® Tomatoes
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 small flat-bread or pita
- 2 x 250 grams haloumi
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 2 tbs pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tsp virgin olive oil & lemon, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Combine 1 tablespoon of oil and garlic in a bowl, brush over both sides of the bread. Place onto a baking tray and cook 5 minutes or until warmed through.
- Slice each piece of haloumi into four. Heat a large non-stick frying pan on medium-high heat. Add the remaining oil and cook the haloumi in batches, for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden. Keep warm in the oven while cooking remaining haloumi.
- Divide the kumato® tomatoes and haloumi between serving plates, scatter over the mint and pine nuts. Season with freshly ground black pepper, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and serve with plenty lemon.