Layered Dip with Qukes® baby cucumbers
- 250g Qukes® baby cucumbers, Description
- ¼ cup flat leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- ¼ cup mint leaves, chopped
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbs pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes
- baguette, to serve
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated, juiced
- 2 tbs tahini,
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ tsp sweet paprika,
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil,
fresh beetroot dip
- 400g whole cooked beetroot, chopped
- 1 long red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 green shallots, finely chopped
- 1 tbs red wine vinegar,
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil,
- 2 tsp horseradish cream,
- To make the hommus; combine all the ingredients in a food processor with salt and pepper. Process until smooth. Press a piece of plastic wrap onto the surface of the dip and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To make the beetroot dip; combine all the ingredients in a food processor with salt and pepper. Process until well combined. Press a piece of plastic wrap onto the surface of the dip and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, spread hommus over base of a large shallow serving bowl. Spoon the beetroot dip over the hommus. Combine the parsley, mint and onions and spoon over the dip. Thinly slice the Qukes® lengthways, each into six and arrange in a spiral pattern over the dip. Sprinkle over the pine nuts.
- Combine the oil, paprika and chilli and spoon over the Qukes®. Season. Serve with baguette.