Lemon & Fetta Stuffed Kumato® Tomatoes
- 2 x 500g trays Kumato® Tomatoes
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 small brown onion
- 1 garlic cloves
- 250 grams lamb mince
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbs thyme leaves
- 50 grams feta cheese
- to serve Tzatziki & crusty bread
- Preheat oven to 180°C, fan forced.
- Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes or until softened. Increase heat to high. Add the mince and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until browned.
- Add lemon rind, 1 tbs lemon juice, half the thyme and season with salt & pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until lemon has almost been absorbed.
- Cut the tops off the Kumato® tomatoes and carefully scoop out the flesh. Spoon mince mixture into Kumato® tomatoes and place into a lightly greased roasting pan. Combine the feta and remaining thyme and sprinkle over the lamb mixture. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until Kumato® tomatoes are warm and top is lightly golden. Serve with tzatziki & crusty bread.