Little MIX-A-MATO® tomato, Bacon & Egg Pies
- 400g Mix-a-mato® tomatoes
- 225g rindless bacon, finely chopped
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 4 sheets ready rolled puff pastry, partially thawed
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, finely grated
- 1 tbs thyme leaves
- optional Fresh herbs to garnish
- Put bacon into a non-stick frying pan. Place over medium heat, cook 3 minutes or until light golden, remove from the heat. Stir in onions and set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven 200°C fan forced. Use a 9cm round cutter to cut 16 rounds from the pastry. Use the pastry rounds to line the base and sides of eight, lightly greased, 80ml (1/3 cup capacity) muffin holes.
- Beat eggs and sour cream together with a fork until well combined. Add the bacon, cheese and thyme then spoon the mixture into the pastry. Top with tomatoes. Season.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until pastry is puffed and golden and filling set. Stand 10 minutes in pan before transferring to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining pastry and filling to make another 8. Serve warm or room temperature scattered with herbs.
Entertaining tip- These little pies are great for breakfast, brunch or lunch. They can be made up to 2 days ahead and kept in an airtight container in the fridge. Warm them through in 180°C fan forced oven for 10 minutes before serving.