Mediterranean Vegetable Lasagne
- 1 * 200 grams Grape Tomatoes
- 200 grams Button Mushrooms
- 1 each Eggplant
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 green zucchinis, sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 * 410 grams cans Napoletana sauce
- 1 * 375 grams pkt lasagne sheets
- 1 * 450 grams jar whole peppers, drained and halved
- 600 ml carton thickened cream
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 150 grams ricotta cheese, crumbled
- 200 grams feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 Basil leaves, to garnish
- In a large saucepan heat the oil over medium heat. Cook the garlic and onion for 1-2 minutes or until softened slightly. Add the eggplant, zucchinis, and mushrooms and cook for a further minute. Add sauce. Allow sauce to simmer for 15-20 minutes. Season to taste.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Meanwhile, mix the cream together with the eggs. Season to taste.
- Using a greased 24 x 34cm deep baking dish, lay 2 sheets of lasagne to fit base.
- Arrange half the fire roasted peppers onto sheets, and cover with half the sauce.
- Continue with 2 more lasagne sheets, and pour on half the cream sauce, sprinkle with half the ricotta, feta and parmesan cheese.
- Repeat this process, finishing with a cream and cheese top.
- Top with grape tomatoes. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown. Garnish with basil leaves before serving.