Mediterranean Vegetable Soup with Chorizo
- 175g Minicaps® baby capsicums
- 1 bunch Broccolini®
- 8 (1kg) vine-ripened tomatoes
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 leek, halved, thinly sliced
- 3 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 (350g) washed potatoes, unpeeled, cut 2cm pieces
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 2 (140g each) zucchini, diced
- 1 (100g) chorizo, finely chopped
- 1 crusty bread, to serve
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Cut a cross in the base of each tomato. Place into a large stock pot, cover with boiling water. Stand 3 minutes. Drain, peel the tomatoes then finely chop.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the garlic, leek and paprika. Cook, stirring 5 minutes until soft. Add tomatoes, bring to the boil, stirring occasionally. Boil gently 20 minutes until mixture thickens.
- Add the potatoes, Minicaps®, carrot, celery and stock. Bring to boil. Cover and boil gently, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes. Add zucchini and Broccolini®. Cover and simmer 5 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, cook the chorizo in a small frying pan over medium-high heat for 3 minutes, or until golden.
- To make parsley oil, combine ingredients with salt and pepper in a blender or small processor. Blend or process until well combined.
- To serve, ladle soup into serving bowls. Top with chorizo. Drizzle with parsley oil. Serve with crusty bread.