MEDITERRANEAN VEGETABLE STEW
- 6 medium Truss Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small Leek, trimmed, halved, washed, finely chopped
- 2 medium Fennel, trimmed, very thinly sliced
- 200g Flat Mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 3 tsp Moroccan spice mix
- 2 small zucchinis, sliced
- 1 medium capsicum, chopped
- 125ml vegetable stock
- 1/2 bunch Tuscan kale, shredded
- 100g feta
- 1 tbs thyme leaves
- toasted char-grilled bread, to serve
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add leek, garlic and spice mix, saute until soft. Add the zucchini, capsicum, fennel, mushrooms and tomatoes, cook for 3 minutes. Season. Pour over the stock and bring to a simmer.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes until the vegetables are tender. Stir in the cabbage and simmer until it has wilted. Crumble over the feta, sprinkle over the thyme and season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve with roast lamb or chicken. For a vegetarian meal serve over rice & quinoa or toasted char-grilled bread.
Tip- Remove the centre core from the kale before shredding.
Tip- You can put the stew under a hot grill for 2-3 minutes at the end of step 2 to melt the feta if you like.