MIX-A-MATO® tomato Crostini
- 800g Mix-a-mato® tomatoes, halved if large
- 1 sourdough loaf, cut into 24 thin slices
- 3 tbs olive oil
- to serve Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 red chilli, thinly sliced
Broad Bean Topping
- 160g frozen broad beans, thawed, peeled
- 50g marinated feta, drained, crumbled
- 2 tbs chopped mint
- 100g Parmesan, finely grated
- 100g piece fresh ricotta
- 200g (1 cup) beetroot dip
- 1/4 cup walnuts, toasted, chopped
Lemon Hummus Topping
- 1 cup hommus
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated
- 2 tbs pine nuts, toasted
- 1 tbs flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Brush both sides of the bread slices with oil. Chargrill or barbecue 2-3 minutes each side or until golden and a little charred. Set aside to cool.
- For avocado topping; Combine the avocado and lime juice, season. Spoon onto 6 pieces of crostini. Top with tomatoes and chilli.
- For the broad bean topping; Process the broad beans until finely chopped (not smooth). Transfer to a bowl, stir in the feta and mint. Spoon onto 6 pieces of crostini. Top with tomatoes and Parmesan.
- For the beetroot topping; Place the ricotta on a board and mash with a fork. Transfer to a bowl, stir in the beetroot dip and walnuts. Spoon onto 6 pieces of crostini. Top with tomatoes.
- For the lemon hommus topping; Combine all the ingredients together. Spoon onto 6 pieces crostini. Top with tomatoes.
- Arrange all the crostini onto large board. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Serve.
Tip- You can bake the bread slices in oven on 220°C fan forced. Place in a single layer onto two baking trays, bake for 7-10 minutes until light golden, once cool they become crisp.