MIDDLE EASTERN ROASTED FIORETTO® CAULI BLOSSOM PUMPKIN AND CHICKEPEA SALAD
|4 as a main, 6 as a side
- 200g Fioretto® Cauli Blossom
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained, pat dry with paper towel
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp sumac
- 4 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 tbs pomegranate molasses
- 80g baby spinach or rocket
- 1/2 small red onion, finely sliced
- 100g Persian feta
- 1/2 pomegranate, seeds removed, see tip
- Preheat oven to 200°C fan forced.
- Arrange the Fioretto® in a small greased roasting pan. In another greased roasting pan, combine pumpkin and chickpeas. Stir cumin, sumac and 2 tsp of olive oil together. Spoon half over the Fioretto® and half over the pumpkin and chickpeas. Turn the vegetables to coat and roast together, the Fioretto® for 15 minutes and the pumpkin for 30 minutes, until tender. Add the Fioretto® to the pumpkin and chickpeas and cook for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk remaining olive oil, red wine vinegar and pomegranate molasses together. Season.
- Add the spinach and onion to the roasted vegetables and toss gently to combine. Arrange on a large platter and crumble with feta. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds. Spoon over the dressing and season. Serve.
Tip- When pomegranates are not in season, replace with 1/4 cup dried currants marinated in warmed red wine vinegar.