- 275g Romatherapy® Baby Roma Tomatoes, halved
- 2 medium Fennel, trimmed, chopped
- 1 small Leek, trimmed, halved, washed, chopped
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 100g pancetta
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 cup potato
- 1 tbs tomato paste
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup pasta like shells
- 1/2 bunch tuscan kale
- 1/4 cup parsley
- finely grated parmesan & toasted crusty bread
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, add pancetta, leek, garlic, carrots, fennel and potato. Cover with a lid and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until vegetables are softened. Add tomato paste, cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- Add stock and tomatoes, and bring to a simmer. Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes. Stir in pasta. Cover and cook for a further 8 minutes or until pasta is al dente.
- Stir in the cabbage until just wilted. Scatter over the parsley and season. Ladle soup into bowls. Serve with parmesan and toasted crusty bread.
Tip- Remove the centre core from the kale before shredding.