MINICAPS® BABY CAPSICUMS, SATAY CHICKEN AND PINEAPPLE SKEWERS
- 2 x 175g Minicaps® baby capsicums
- 200g Qukes® baby cucumbers
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- 250ml mild satay sauce
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 3 tsp kecap manis
- 700g chicken thigh fillet, trimmed
- 1 small pineapple, peeled, cored, quartered lengthways
- 2 tbs roasted salted peanuts, chopped
- 36 x 20cm long skewers
- 8 large radish, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup mint leaves
- 2 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and half the chilli and cook for 4 minutes until soft. Add the satay sauce and coconut milk, bring to a simmer. Simmer, stirring often for 5 minutes until the sauce thickens slightly. Stir in kecap manis. Cool.
- Halve the Minicaps® and remove any seeds. Cut the chicken into 5cm pieces. Cut the pineapple into 1 ½ cm thick pieces. Using two skewers at a time, (see tip), thread the Minicaps®, chicken and pineapple onto skewers. Arrange in a single layer on a tray. Spoon over ¼ cup of the satay sauce, turning to coat.
- For the salad, combine all ingredients together. Season and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Preheat a greased barbecue plate or grill. Cook skewers in batches, turning often for 8-10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Warm the satay sauce, stir in the peanuts and spoon into a bowl. Top with remaining chili. Serve with skewers and salad.
Tip- Using the two skewers holds the ingredients firmly in place, making cooking easier.