MIX-A-MATO® TOMATO & CORN FRITTER BREAKFAST PANCAKES
- 320g Mix-a-mato® tomatoes
- 4 Qukes® baby cucumbers
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 3 green shallots, chopped
- 2 cobs corn , kernels removed
- 125g tasty cheese, grated
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 150ml buttermilk
- Vegetable oil, for cooking
- Micro herbs, to serve
ADDED OPTIONAL EXTRAS
- Chilli yoghurt
- Fried eggs
- Smashed avocado
- Rocket or baby spinach leaves
- Preheat oven to 150°C fan forced. Roughly chop 1/4 of the tomatoes (you need about 1/3 cup). Cut the remaining tomatoes in half. Combine the flour, shallots, corn and cheese in a bowl. Add eggs, buttermilk and chopped tomatoes. Season and stir until just combined.
- Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Spoon a quarter of the mixture into the pan and flatten to 15cm round. Cook for 4 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a tray and keep warm in the oven while cooking the remaining fritter pancakes.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining tomatoes and smashed Qukes®. Add the olive oil and salt sachets from the Mix-a-Mato® tomatoes. Season with pepper.
- Serve fritters pancakes with Mix-a-Mato® tomato salsa, micro herbs and your choice of added extras.
Tip: Cut the Qukes® in half lengthways. Turn cut side down onto the board. Use a wide blade knife to smash the Qukes® into rough pieces.