MIX-A-MATO® TOMATOES WITH AVOCADO WHITE BEAN AND PISTACHIO DIP
|4-6 as a starter
- 300g Mix-a-mato® tomatoes
- 4 Qukes® baby cucumbers, sliced, to serve
- 1/3 cup pistachio kernels
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbs sherry wine vinegar
- 400g can white beans, drained, rinsed
- 1/2 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 long green chilli, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup thick Greek-style yoghurt or sour cream
- 1 large avocado, smashed
- French bread stick, to serve
- 3 marinated artichokes, sliced, to serve
- 1/4 cup chopped kalamata olives, to serve
- parsley leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan forced. Scatter pistachios onto a baking tray. Roast for 8-10 minutes until light toasted. Cool and roughly chop.
- Slice the tomatoes. Whisk olive oil, 2 teaspoons vinegar and salt and pepper in a bowl. Add tomatoes, stir to coat. Cover and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Process white beans, garlic, chilli, remaining vinegar and 2 tablespoons yoghurt in a processor until smooth. Remove to a bowl, stir in avocado, and remaining yoghurt. Taste and season.
- Spoon the dip onto a large plate. Randomly top with Qukes® baby cucumbers, artichokes, olives and herbs. Spoon over the tomatoes and dressing. Scatter with pistachios. Serve with bread or crackers.