ONE BOWL PERFECTION BERRY BREAKFAST LOAF
|1 hour 10 MINS
- 250g Perfection Strawberries
- 125g Perfection Raspberries
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- 2/3 cup traditional rolled oats
- 3/4 cup raw sugar
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 1 tbs traditional rolled oats & raw sugar, extra
- Homemade berry jam, to serve, optional
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan forced. Grease and line a 6cm deep, 10cm x 21cm (base) loaf pan. Hull and chop 125g of the Perfection Strawberries and refrigerate remaining for another use.
- Sift the self-raising flour and baking powder into a bowl. Stir in the wholemeal flour, oats, sugar and coconut. Add the egg and coconut milk. Stir to combine.
- Gently fold in the Perfection raspberries and chopped Perfection strawberries. Spoon into the loaf pan and smooth the surface. Sprinkle with extra oats and raw sugar. Bake for 1 hour -1 hour 10 minutes or until a skewer inserted into centre comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Lift onto a wire rack to cool. Slice and serve as is or toasted with berry jam or butter.
Tip: Breakfast loaf freezes well either whole or sliced into pieces and wrapped in plastic.