ONE PAN MEXICAN-STYLE BEEF & BROCCOLINI® RICE
- 1 bunch Broccolini®, cut into three crossways
- 100g Minicaps® baby capsicums, roughly chopped
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbs fajita seasoning
- 500g beef mince
- 1 1/4 cups white long-grain rice, rinsed
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 400g can black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 fresh corn, kernels removed
- 1/2 cup plain Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander sprigs
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Heat oil in a large, heavy-based frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally for 4 minutes or until softened. Add seasoning and cook for 30 seconds. Add the mince and cook, breaking up lumps with a wooden spoon until browned.
- Stir in the rice. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the Minicaps® and stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cover with lid. Simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in Broccolini®, black beans, corn and extra 1/2 of cup stock or water if needed. Cover, and cook a further 3 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Fluff rice with a fork to separate grains.
- Top rice with yoghurt, avocado and coriander. Serve with lime wedges.